The good news is that we can help our pet overcome this bump with different natural treatments, including aloe vera. If you want to know how to use the aloe vera for cats with leukemia. keep reading this oneHOWTO article.
- 1 Aloe Vera For Cats With Leukemia
- 2 Feline leukemia symptoms
- 3 Natural treatment for feline leukemia
- 4 Alternative therapies for cats with leukemia
- 5 Properties and benefits of aloe vera for cats with leukemia
- 6 How to administer aloe vera in cats with leukemia
- 7 Cutaneous use of aloe vera in cats
- 8 Oral use of aloe vera in cats
- 9 How long does a cat with leukemia live?
Aloe Vera For Cats With Leukemia
Below we have described more about the Aloe Vera For Cats With Leukemia treatment, so for more details keep reading this article.
Feline leukemia symptoms
There are ways to help our pet fight this virus, but the most important thing is to spot feline leukemia symptoms first:
- Loss of appetite and/or weight.
- Loss of hair.
- Infections and/or skin lesions.
- Bladder infections.
- Respiratory tract infections.
- Enlarged lymph nodes or lymphadenopathy.
- Gingivitis and other oral problems.
- Stop using the litter box.
- Lack of toilet.
- Recurring illnesses.
As you can see, the symptoms that feline leukemia can present are very varied and they do not have to be all of them. That is why, when any of these or other symptoms are detected, it is necessary to go to the vet urgently.
Natural treatment for feline leukemia
While it is true that no natural treatment will cure our cats, it will help them have a better quality of life.
- Vitamins for cats with leukemia: the use of adequate vitamins can help our cat to improve its immune system and will whet its appetite, among other things. It is important, however, that you consult with your veterinarian about the best vitamins for your cat.
- Aloe vera for cats with leukemia: Aloe vera is known worldwide for having great healing properties. Administering the juice of this plant to your cat can be of great help. Next, we will talk in more detail about the use of aloe vera for cats with leukemia.
- I think for cats with leukemia: Another of the best ways to help your pet is by providing high quality feed, that is, premium range, since these foods are rich in nutrients, vitamins and minerals. If you are in doubt about which is best for your sick cat, consult your veterinarian.
Alternative therapies for cats with leukemia
- Reiki for cats: Reiki consists of healing the body, mind and spirit with the use of universal energy that filters through the hands. This can be a good alternative to try to heal your cat, since there are many beliefs that reiki can completely cure diseases. However, it’s all speculation and at OneHOWTO we can’t assure you that this is true, but it can help your cat feel better.
Properties and benefits of aloe vera for cats with leukemia
One of the concerns of the owners is if aloe vera is poisonous for cats, but the truth is that no, aloe vera is not toxic to cats. This widespread concern is due to the fact that if the feline eats the bark of aloe vera or the part of the pulp closest to the bark, then it can have a laxative effect on the animal and cause diarrhea. However, the juice of aloe vera itself is beneficial for cats with leukemia for multiple reasons:
- Antiseptic and antibacterial properties: which will help your cat fight against the feline leukemia virus. This is due to the aloetin and saponins that this plant contains.
- Strengthens the immune system: mainly due to carricin, one of the most important active ingredients in aloe vera. In addition to strengthening the immune system, it also improves our pet’s defenses.
- Protects the gastric and intestinal mucosa: this is thanks to aloemodin and aloeolein, components that can help the drugs that we administer to our cat not to damage its digestive system.
How to administer aloe vera in cats with leukemia
It can be applied both orally and cutaneously, if our cat has skin lesions. Just We must take into account two things:
- That aloe vera will be organically grown and suitable for human consumption. These are the highest quality on the market.
- It will also be necessary to ensure that the pulp of the aloe vera is quite central, that is, that it does not touch the bark to avoid causing it to have a laxative effect on the animal.
Cutaneous use of aloe vera in cats
You can choose either to apply the pulp directly to the feline’s skin, that is, by rubbing a square or rectangle of aloe vera over its physical injuries, or you can beat the pulp and apply the plant’s juice as if it were a cream.
Oral use of aloe vera in cats
By administering aloe vera orally you will help your cat to strengthen its immune system, improve its defenses, fight the virus and protect its digestive system. For this you must be very careful with the dose administered. In general, the recommended dose is 1 ml per kilo of the animal’s body weight. However, in very sick cats it can be administered up to 2 ml per kilo.
How long does a cat with leukemia live?
Since there is no cure for feline leukemia, only drugs and natural treatments to help improve its quality of life, it is estimated that the average life expectancy of cats infected with the FeLV virus is about 3 years. It is also estimated that if the disease is diagnosed at an advanced stage, it can be shortened to a few months.
However, if the cat is properly cared for and given all possible treatments, its life can be extended several more years. In any case, consult with your veterinarian about what could be the best itinerary to improve the health of your pet.
If you liked this article on aloe vera for cats with leukemia, you may also be interested in this other article on How to care for a cat with cancer.
If you want to read more articles similar to Aloe vera for cats with leukemia – benefits and treatment we recommend that you enter our Pets category.
For more information on cats related articles simply visit our CatsBuz website.