Cats Wag Their Tails: Steps to follow
1. To understand the language contained in the movements of your cat’s tail, you must observe carefully, over time you will be able to detect patterns of behavior that will help you predict and understand your personality. If you notice that your feline’s tail quivers or trembles, it can mean many things depending on whether the rhythm is fast or slow.
If your cat seems to vibrate the tip of its tail, it means that it is irritated. However, if you see that his tail is shaking in a general way, it may mean that your cat wants to play and that he is very happy.
3. When your cat is relaxed and calm at home, if you watch him you will see that his tail moves slowly from side to side. This means that your feline he is happy and satisfiedand it is also an invitation to caress it if that is what you want.
However, if your pet’s tail flips quickly and abruptly it means that it is in attack mode, if you don’t back up it may hurt you, and that movement is a clear warning for you to understand that you must move away from it. If your cat reacts like this, the best thing you can do is stop bothering him, in a way he is telling you that he is enough of attention and pampering for today.
4. When your pet’s furry tail is fully raised, it means that it feels good, at ease and trusting you, is the clearest sign that a cat can reflect security. In this way, your feline expresses how happy he feels in your home and in your company.
A cat that has its tail held high most of the time is synonymous with a cat with a full life. So if this is the most common position of your pet’s tail, rest assured that you are its ideal human.
5. There are also other movements of your feline’s tail that reflect negative feelings. If your cat has an arched and inflated tail, it means that feel fear, who is scared and may react somewhat aggressively if we do not leave them their space of calm and tranquility. If your pet has the tail between its legs it’s another way of saying you’re scared or upset. He doesn’t have to be mad at you, he may be disappointed that he didn’t get something he wanted, like hunting something or getting a toy. If your pet usually has its tail lowered, it means that it feels sad and the lower it is, the worse it feels.
6. Many times your cat’s tail can be like a toy. When a female has young, she sometimes uses her tail to distract the babies so that in addition to having them controlled, she stimulates them with that activity. It is a way to motivate her curiosity, encourage her hunting instinct and enhance her motor system.
Observing the movements of your cat you will be able to know him better and be his most loyal friend. One last thing to keep in mind is that if you notice your cat’s tail moves erraticallygoing from a fast to a slow rhythm, with spasms or other abnormalities, it is recommended that go to the vet immediately. In this case, your pet may be going through a stressful situation and require a specific treatment.
In our article how to know if my cat is stressed you can find the signs of this condition.
If you want to read more articles similar to Because cats wag their tailswe recommend that you enter our Pets category.
For more information on cats related articles simply visit our CatsBuz website.