Causes of fever in cats: Steps to follow
1. For know if your cat has a fever you should see if his nose is dry and hot and then to make sure you should take his body temperature. The easiest way is to place the thermometer under his paw, or if it is impossible for you because your cat does not stay still, go to the vet. At OneHowTo we give you some tips so you know how to take a cat’s temperature.
Be that as it may, fever is a state of alarm, sometimes it can be an ally to fight an illness. But if the temperature rises above 41 degrees, your pet’s health status may be in serious danger as her organs may begin to fail. Knowing the reasons why your cat has a fever is essential to start treatment immediately.
2. Fever occurs when your pet’s immune system is activated by the presence of some type of abnormality in the body. Fever is not a symptom of any health problem, it is usually the cause of specific diseases or ailments that you must take into account when caring for your cat.
The The most common causes of fever in a feline are viral or bacterial diseases such as leukemia or distemper. Another reason that can affect your cat’s body temperature is tumors, although it is something that is more likely in older cats.
3. Your cat can get a fever from minor bacterial, viral or fungal infections, it can also be caused by a cold or even the flu. There are diseases such as lupus and pancreatitis that can cause changes in your pet’s temperature and it can also be the side effect of any medication your cat is taking.
In this sense, we recommend that you never medicate your pet on your ownany treatment should be supervised by your veterinarian.
4. These are the most common causes of fever in cats, but you should not forget that many times it will not be the only symptom they have. It is basic that watch your pettheir behavior and their habits because among all the information you collect you will find the cause and treatment can be started as soon as possible.
And it is that if it is diseases such as leukemia, cancer or distemper, you must proceed quickly because the life of your cat may hang in the balance. They are diseases with a high mortality rate, so we recommend that you do not waste time.
5. Some of the clues that may reflect that your cat has a fever They can be a dry nose, a very common symptom when a cat has a fever. You may also have loss of appetite, decreased water intake, listless or low-energy behavior, restlessness, poor grooming, chills, rapid breathing, and even tremors.
You have to consider that the causes of the fever can be more or less serious and in extreme cases your cat could die. We recommend that in any state of fever go to the vet.
If you want to read more articles similar to Causes of fever in catswe recommend that you enter our Pets category.
For more information on cats related articles simply visit our CatsBuz website.