The first thing you have to do if you see that your cat has any of these symptoms is, without a doubt, take it to the vet: he will confirm what is wrong and know how to cure it.
Symptoms of cystitis in a cat: Steps to follow
1. The most obvious symptom and one of the first that we humans can notice in felines is the number of times you urinate. This is something you always have to pay attention to, because the cat cannot tell you that it feels bad and, therefore, it is more difficult to detect its illnesses. If you see that he urinates more than usual or that he urinates with a lot of effort, it may be that he has cystitis.
2. Related to the higher frequency of cat urination, another sign of cystitis is high frequency with which they drink water. This is caused because they lose a lot of liquid in their urination (although they are small, they are many), so they need to drink more liquid than normal.
3. Another symptom of cystitis in a cat is pain you feel when urinating, because his bladder is somewhat damaged. You will know if there is this pain because when the cat urinates, he will meow clearly. Also, if you see that he licks his genital area, take him to a specialist as well, because it is another of the symptoms.
4. The blood in the urine of the feline is also a clear warning sign of cystitis. However, this symptom is very important because even if the cat does not have cystitis, blood in the urine indicates that something is wrong, it could have some other disease.
5. In male cats, cystitis can cause a complete obstruction of the urethra, so they can stop urinating completely. If you notice that your cat tries to urinate but cannot, it is also possible that he has cystitis.
6. An also very common symptom of this ailment in cats is the small urinations that the animal can make outside the drawer that it has for it. This is caused by your lack of control over your urination due to the obstruction of the urethra. In other words, the cat does not realize that it has to urinate and, therefore, does not go to its place to do so.
In addition, we advise you to consult the articles How to know if my cat has a urine infection and How to cure a urine infection in cats.
If you want to read more articles similar to Symptoms of cystitis in a catwe recommend that you enter our Pets category.
- Above all, as soon as you detect any of these behaviors in your cat, take him to a specialist. The sooner you confirm what ailment he suffers from, the sooner you can cure him.
For more information on cats related articles simply visit our CatsBuz website.